Friday, May 23, 2008

Names of my classmates

I know that most of you won't know these people anyway, but you might recognize a name or two.

Front row--left to right: Cheryl Whittle, Ilene Capson, Adele Owens, Anne Callister, Annette Hale, Vicki Jose, Norma Brown, Sandra Lilya, Ranae Harris.

Second Row: Sammy Harper, LeRoy Whittle, Steve Mecham (married to cousin Martha), Janet Salisbury, Dan Hale, Jay Lynn Park, Lee Ann Lilya, Jimmy Bales

Third Row: Mr. Westover (teacher and school principal), Barry Perks, Ricky Jackman, Victor Kmetz, Nils Harris, David Archibald, Lee Baily (brother of Becky), Ralph Johnson, Ken Wixom, Bobby Bergman

There was only one class of each grade in our school.
Fifteen of these kids started first grade (no kindergarten) with me and went through all six years of school. We did have some others drop out because they were held back, and we picked up two or three that started in the class ahead of us and then were held back so they were in our class. There were a couple of move-ins and move-outs along the way, but not many. Twenty-one of the students in my sixth grade class graduated with me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you remember all those kids' names! I can't remember all the kids in my sixth grade class!

Kristen said...

I didn't know Steve Mecham was your age and that you went to school with him