Friday, May 9, 2008

Flashback Friday--Mother's Day

Because it's Mother's Day on Sunday, I thought I would put some pictures of MY mother on my blog. And, because I know that most of the people who check my blog also share the same mother, or have her as a grandmother, I thought you might find the pictures fun to see.
Margaret Smith (Mother) as a young child

Mom and her brother, Charles, in a goat cart. You can tell by reading the date on the cart that this was taken in 1924.


Mother was in her late teens when this was taken, but I don't know if she was still in high school or at Ricks College.

Mother in her formal in front of a lilac tree. This one is about everyone's favorite picture. The original, shown above, has a tear in the skirt.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!


6 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

Thanks Anne for putting the pictures on. I still think Seth looks the most like her.
GG

Kristen said...

I have decided that Meg's round face looks like Grandma in the top picture. Good pics Mom. Happy Mother's day to you.

Karen said...

I really like that last picture of Grandma, can I get a copy some day?

Catherine said...

My mom has only one photo on top of her piano, and it is that last picture of Grandma, probably because she was the reason my mom kept practicing all those years. I just think Grandma was so beautiful, young and old!

Kristen said...

Your Mom was pretty awesome. She gave me a round "TUIT", so I didn't have any excuses to procrastinate. Considering the great person you are, then she must have been a great mother. Bet she is smiling now, after checking out your blog and your tribute to her. Happy Mother's Day, Anne!

Julie said...

I was thinking a lot about grandma this mothers day, so I really loved seeing those pictures of her. I was thinking about how many great-grandchildren she has now, and how I can't wait for them to meet her. It sure makes you realize how much influence just one good mother can have.