Friday, November 21, 2008

Tagged--I'm It!

7 weird things about me:
1. I can touch my nose with the end of my tongue.
2. I can cross one eye--either one.
3. I remember the serial number of the bicycle I received for Christmas the year I was in the second grade (N59833, in case you are interested).
4. I gave up the opportunity to go on a trip to Africa to stay in Utah and be an adult leader at girls' camp.
5. I missed my own college graduation because I didn't know I had met all the requirements.
6. I don't like peanut butter.
7. The first time I kissed my husband was over the altar in the temple the day we were married.

10 years ago
1. I went on a trip to Israel and Jordan.
2. I went snorkeling in the Red Sea.
3. I attended a dinner in honor of my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.
4. Two new grandchildren joined our family--Dreyton and Mattison.
5. Our family had two graduations: Karen from Timpanogos High School, and Donovan from Washington University's PT school.

5 things on my to do list
1. Keep a better journal so that ten years from now I can remember what I did in 2008.
2. Tie Jyllian's quilt (hopefully today).
3. Get my Christmas shopping done.
4. Make curtains for my kitchen.
5. Re-do my bedroom.

Snacks I enjoy
1. Homemade toffee.
2. Mud pie.
3. Buttered popcorn.
4. Chocolate fudge Magic Shell over heavenly hash ice cream (or goo goo cluster, rocky road, burnt almond fudge, or any chocolate ice cream with nuts in it).
5. Mrs. Cavanaugh's mint truffles.

5 things I would do if I was a millionaire
1. Pay off, or at least partially pay off, my children's debts.
2. Get a nice ski boat and house boat on Lake Powell for my children and grandchildren to enjoy.
3. Buy a rambler home with the family room and laundry room on the main level so I wouldn't have to worry about stairs in my old age.
4. Take my children to Israel.
5. Set up trust accounts for my grandchildrens' college educations and missions.

5 places I have lived
1. McDonaldville, Idaho
2. Groveland, Idaho
3. Provo, Utah
4. St. Louis, Missouri
5. Orem, Utah

5 jobs I have had
1. Potato picker
2. Sugar beet thinner
3. Cow milker
4. Power sewing machine operator
5. Piano teacher

I tag: Ruthanne, Brenda, and Melissa

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I was laughing out loud when I read your list of favorite snacks and ALL the different kinds of ice-cream. :) You are definitely my mom's sister! There's probably an ice-cream lover in all of us. I could ice-cream everyday, and I'm sure there are weeks that I have! Oops! I didn't know you didn't like peanut butter. How fun to learn new things about you!

B Flat Major said...

I love any kind of chocolate ice cream with nuts in it too. Do you realize you should like peanut butter, because it is made with nuts?

I can't believe someone with a motorcycle named the mansion of love waited till over the altar to kiss such a hot mama.

You should blog more, because that counts as journaling.

And finally, thank you for coming to Girls Camp with us instead of going to Africa. I bet Africa would have been more fun, but I would have missed out on a few memories of you!

Kristen said...

I love mud pie too. You should probably make it for me when you see me. You are so skilled at putting your tongue up your nose.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Can't wait to see Jyllian's quilt!! Not to mention the ski boat and houseboat someday. :)

Where is McDonaldville, ID, and when did you live there? Is that where you picked up that nasty habit of licking your nostrils?

Megan said...

Can I have your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog? Thanks! meganbauer15@hotmail.com

Steve said...

You were a great piano teacher. I am on FB with Kristen and found your blogs. Great to catch up with your families.