Friday, November 14, 2008

MOM AND DONOVAN

As you know, I was in Florida for a week following Donovan's surgery. Janae has posted, on their blog, some pictures of him in the hospital and right after he came home. I left to come home one week after his operation, and before I left, I wanted to get a picture of him with me. So, here it is. He hadn't felt like shaving, so he had quite a big of growth on his face when this picture was taken, but I didn't care. I was just glad to see him smiling and up and about. But, I do wonder if he was smiling because:
1. He was feeling better.
2. Janae and I were about to take the kids to a movie, leaving him
alone in the house for several hours of quiet time.
3. He was glad I was going home so I could quit nagging him about
being careful not to overdo it.
Tell me what you think. I'm sure he will!


6 comments:

B Flat Major said...

Without the beard (I peeked at Janae's blog) he looks just like his dad. But that big smile in the picture of you two looks like he is just excited to be out bed and feeling better! (And he also looks like he is happy to have such nice parents to come all the way to Florida and be so supportive and helpful!)

Karen said...

He looks happy to be with his mom! And he looks much better, physically, than he did in some of the pictures on his and Janae's blog.

Catherine said...

No matter how cute his 4 kids are, I'm guessing he was a little happy to have that quiet time! So my guess is definitely #2

QnA Drapers said...

Hey Anne- I was just on Kristens blog and wondered if you were the "old Lotts" on her link.. That made me laugh. Hope things are going well! We sure miss your daughter and her fam. -Amy

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I would have to say the big smile was because I was so happy to have parents who would be as supportive and loving as the two of you are. That kind of statement does get me back in your will, right??

Oh, and the scruff has doubled since you left. Janae is encouraging a ZZ Top look that will match her in the little mini-skirt she wears on 80's night at the club.

Kristen said...

Mom, 2 posts by you in a row. I am so impressed and excited. I am glad you got to be there with Donovan, and that you can tell him what to do--stay in bed and rest etc. Too bad he is a stubborn Lott and doesn't always listen.